The Pigeon House (Teach Pigeon)

Construction on the Pigeon House hotel commenced 1793 and the building  was completed  in 1795 Its a classical  building  in  form made of dressed ashlar granite consisting of three storeys over basement with full height bows to either end of the south east elevation and its entrance facing the Liffey and its own harbour. Short term office and location spaces available. Parking and Unit base options for City Centre shoots.

The Pigeon House (Teach Pigeon)

It was named after its owner, Mr Pigeon, and was originally used as a hotel. The foundation stone of Pigeon House Generating Station was laid by the Lord Mayor of Dublin, TC Harrington, on 10 February 1902, and it first produced electricity in July 1903, at a capacity of 3MW. The station was run by the Dublin Corporation Lighting Committee, until it was acquired by ESB in 1929. The station was redeveloped as the twentieth century progressed, until it eventually reached a generation capacity of 90MW.

Find Your Bearings

More Locations

Close Search Window